Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lipstick that stays on forever

I came back with billions apologies and a few pic to show!
First of all, I am really, really sorry for being silent! As I told you before, I got a new job and then I found another, so right now I'm working in multiple places that include russian magazine "Bolshoy gorod" ("Big city"), the vintage-repro shop I posted about and something for my dancing club. I also started to dance from 4 to 6 times a week instead of 2, which means that I am terribly busy with all the work and all the dances.
I hope I will be able to write more, especially because there are so many different vintage books and magazines in the place I work now!
But today I want to tell you about a WONDERFUL lipstick. Here it is on me:
It's L'Oreal Infallible Duo Lipstick, the color I'm wearing is called Irrestible Raspberry. It is a very rich berry color that I like very much. But the color isn't the best about this lipstick.
The best thing about it is its durability (this is how you call it in English?). On the photo above I'm wearing it for sixth hour after eating and drinking for three or four times.
Here's how it looks in a tube (photo's not mine):
It consists of two tubes, colored and white. First you apply color and then coat it with translucent balm from white tube. And then...bam! Your lipstick stays on for hours and hours without disappearing a bit! It doesn't even dry lips that hard which is very important for my sensible lips. Three hours in any Revlon or Mac lipstick – and I have a dry monster where I had my mouth. Eight (that's right, EIGHT!) hours in this babe – only slightly dry! I am impressed!
Of course, this lipstick has some peculiarities. First of all, until you applied the balm from white tube, it is very sticky and – yes, lips stick to each other. As a result, small pieces of color from one lip can migrate to another. Be careful with that! Second, you have to apply it on totally clean lips, without lip balm or anything. Here's what I do: before using it, I apply my lip balm and let it moisturize my lips for, like, five minute. Then I wipe it off and take my lipstick.
That's actually all – I think, I'll buy myself a few different colors. Or many, many, many different colors of this lipstick.
Hope it was helpful!

2 comments:

  1. that colour looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really lovely! I've been looking for a nice lipstick, so I think I'll give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete