Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vintage magazine and vintage sewing book


In this post I want to show you a part of my tiny teeny vintage books and magazines collection. I have two magazines and two sewing books, yes, I know, that's why I said it was tiny! :)

The magazine is 1962 from USSR and was bought in a vintage store in Moscow.

The story about this book is rather long. A few days ago I spotted a vintage sewing book on a market near metro. It needs some explanation: we don't have a variety of vintage shops here, in Moscow. But near my metro station often stand old ladies with something they want to sell. It's not organized in any way and you can probably see there anything. Mostly it's just old toys and ugly worn clothes, but sometimes there are real treasures!

For example, I saw there a 1960s sewing book that was almost untouched and then...I bought a sixties USSR dress! I have to tell you that USSR was always late in fashion terms because of difficult relationships with other countries, especially USA, so USSR sixties are practically like fifties everywhere else. I will show you this dress later, because I don't have any good photos at the moment.
I am always so jealous of american vintage girls telling how they buy forties dresses for $10, because in Moscow forties dresses are a) extremely rare; b) rather expensive, normally around $150-200 for a very simple dress. So I felt just extremely proud of myself for buying both the book and the dress for 500 rubles which is around $15. I also took his woman's phone number because she said that she had more! We'll see how it will turn out, but I'm excited!

So, back to the vintage pictures. They are under the cut, enjoy!




I love this sweater! And look at her hair!







At the moment, I am thinking about buying a very similar green dress on Etsy.


The dress on the right is just impeccable!

On, those orange capris!



Sailor style looks amazing with full skirts. Also: beige and coral are so great together!


No comments:

Post a Comment