Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lindy hop

I think I've mentioned before that I started dancing lindy hop. I only had two classes and I'm already hooked!

Lindy hop is a dance style that was born in black communities in the United States in the late twenties-thirties. It's a kind of a jazz dance and a member of the swing dance family.
Lindy hop can be fast and slow, it is a very rhythmic and funny social dance. The word 'social' means that it has to be performed with a partner. As I understood, normally you have to change your partner every song so you can communicate with a lot of different people on dance party. I don't go to such parties yet because I'm obviously only a newbie but I'm really looking forward to it!

Under the cut are some lindy hop videos, old and new. What do you think? :)




This one is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment