Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hat post!


Here's my new kinda forties hat. Yeah, I know, photo booth photos. Yeah. But anyways – a hat!
I was looking for a forties hat for a long time. Everything I saw on etsy wasn't quite what I wanted (pillow box, not black, not white, better with a veil) and all the hats in Moscow were just too expensive for something I don't plan to wear on an everyday basis.
A few weeks ago there was this thing in Moscow, called Lambada Market. It is - predictably, yeah? - a market where all the young designers and vintage shops and generally everybody willing to participate sell different things, from perfume to dresses, in one place. I went there looking for a new dress and got back with two dresses, one of them new and one that was sewn by some girl for herself but ended up on a hanger. Though both dresses have quite a vintage-y feel.
And I also bought this hat. It is new as well, not vintage, it even has a little tag saying "Made in China" but it wasn't too expensive and it was everything I wanted from a hat. So here it is!

I know that it's not a summer hat and I want to wear it in the autumn and early winter but I just couldn't wait to wear it at least once!

It can be attached with a few bobby-pin and it has a rubber band which I will probably cut off because it doesn't look great. Overall, I am very happy with this hat and I think it will look amazing with pin-curls and my black wiggle dress that was featured in the first pic in this post.

What do you think? And, by the way, do you wear hats? Show me!

No comments:

Post a Comment