Friday, June 14, 2013

Shoe party



Here's to the shoes!
To be honest, I was a flat-shoes types of person all my life. And only a few months ago, maybe two, I found out that heels are actually quite nice! First I tried to wear my prom-shoes (I'll show them later) but they were just too high. Then I bought another ones that were very cheap but oh-so-comfortable (I'll show them later as well 'cause now they're at my dance partner's – I probably need to make another shoes post soon!). These cheap shoes were very nice to wear and I gradually builded up to heels. And they turned out perfect!
Flat shoes are every swing-dancing girl's curse. The thing is: I don't know how to dance lindy hop in something except for these:
I have just a billion of different pairs of these shoes (although they're all blue or white – what's wrong with me?!). And I wear dresses to all the swing parties so I end up wearing dresses with keds and feeling kind-of okay with that. Which is not exactly as feminine or vintage as I would want to.
I'm absolutely okay with having some funny quirky details in my appearance most of the time but some days I just want to be a princess. Most of girl want to. And I decided to indulge myself in this desire so I try and wear heels as often as I want to, disregarding anything that could ever stop me
So – these specific shoes on the pic. The ones on the left are vintage and I bought them in my favorite vintage shop in Moscow. They are just perfect, probably about 5 cm in height and very good for the forties girl look. So nice!
The ones on the right are from modcloth. I love the color, I would call it a muted mustard. So good for my new yellow passion! And yes, they are very comfortable as well. I am very pleased :D


No comments:

Post a Comment