Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wonderful meetings and wonderful dresses

 
A package from Etsy came to me a few days ago with those wonderful fifties clothes – a dress, a blouse and a girdle that I will show you later. It is actually my first fifties dress – I have a few from seventies and from what I think is early sixties, and finally I get to wear the dress that was made in the exact same period that I adore and admire so much! I have to buy a forties dress as well but it takes time to find a right dress, you know? So we'll see how lucky I'll be!

This is how it looks on me, I think it will be better with a petticoat but these days it's just too darn hot to wear one, it's around 30°C!
I had an amazing possibility to meet Harlow from Vintage at Heart. We went to a wonderful Tiki-Bar and I had the best time ever! It is always so refreshing to talk with someone who can discuss red lipsticks and politics in the same conversation. She was wearing a beautiful dress from Bernie Dexter, you can (and believe me, you want to!) check it out at her blog. The following photos are hers, because I totally forgot to take any, maybe because our cocktails were just as tasty as they were pretty.




4 comments:

  1. I had such an amazing time, I'm so glad we could meet! I am really looking forward to our outing to Kuskovo next week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I had a wonderful time and I cannot describe how happy I am that we've met. :D

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Your new dress looks great!

    Cecily
    http://stylebycecily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete